virtual keyboard, on-screen keyboard

Hi,

I have been trying out xvkbd and gok. In terms of
customising, gok is better but still requires
manipulation of a text file.

I came across highly customisable virtual keyboard
called MountFocus, but it is for Windows only.

Is there something along this line available for
Linux, at least with drag-and-drop to place the keys?

To develop something like this, what programming tools
would I need? Would  GTK+ with C++ be the right
choice? The aim is to minimise the programming effort.

Cheers

Ken

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs