Re: where do they go?

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 10:12 -0400, Rick Pasotto wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 08:07:42AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> >
> > Ah.  Try and re-install gthumb.  That's what g-v-m calls to do
> > the actually copying.
>
> Thanks. That fixed it -- sort of. I suspected that some program was
> missing but I had no idea which. gthumb is only recommended by g-v-m but
> it appears to me it ought to be required.
>
> Also, gthumb imports *only* from a camera so a message about importing
> when attaching a memory card seems inappropriate. Perhaps gthumb *ought*
> to import from memory cards.

IMO, your whole situation is odd, since I've never heard of that
happening.

On my system, at least, Linux only auto-recognises the card reader.
Individual cards must be manually mounted.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"There is no maxim in my opinion which is more liable to be
misapplied, and which therefore needs elucidation than the
current one that the interest of the majority is the political
standard of right and wrong.... In fact it is only reestablishing
under another name a more specious form, force as the measure of
right...."
James Madison, 1786