Re: Can't start OpenOffice

On 7/25/05, Bernard Fay <bfay@deepcosmos.ca> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> When I try to start openoffice, I can see on the panel "Starting
> OpenOffice" but it eventually close after a few seconds.  If I try to
> start it through a terminal, it shows the following message: "Xlib:
> sequence lost (0x10000 > 0x69) in reply type 0x0!".  The message appears
> repeatedly in OOo does not start.
>
> Does someone know what it this problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bernard

Hi Bernard,
I do not know what is the cause of your problem, but I've gotten
errormessage containing Xlib before. When it happend to me, I was
missing som devel packages.

I hope this  hunt may bring you one step closer. If you google for the
first part of the errormessage you will see similar problems people
have had before.

Good Luck!!!  Cheers, Vegard