Re: VMware

--- disciple@exis.net wrote:

> I just checked out VMware's site and it did not list
> Debian as a distro
> that it supports.  Has anyone had any problems with
> this?  The cost is
> $189.00 for the download.  If there is a problem
> with VMware, is there an
> alternative?

Win4Lin, which now supports Windows XP as a guest OS,
is cheaper than that. I think it supports almost any
Linux distro.

And Bill Gates' own Virtual PC 2004 is also cheaper,
but WinXP Pro must be the HOST OS. I've tried it but I
don't like virtual machines as well as multi-boot
native installations.

Crossover Office is inexpensive, and worth a try if
you only need to run a few popular Windows
applications.

Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/