Re: eject cdrom

AybOwan!

change(edit) your fstab file as shown as below,

/dev/hdc        /media/cdrom    auto            ro,users,noauto,unhide,exec     0 0

now im going to explain above line meaning,
o /dev/hdc <this is ur cdrom> u can check this by issuing this #ls /dev/cdrom -al
o /media/cdrom <where u want to mount dz cdrom>
o auto <if ur driver dvd rom select as "auto" if not change it to "iso9660">
o ro = read only
o users = any user can unmount + mount
o not try to mount on boot time

On 7/22/05, j Mak <joz_mak@yahoo.ca> wrote:

--- Enrique Morfin <enriquemorfin@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > Have you tried using "eject /dev/hdc" ? Is the cd
> > mounted while you try to
> > do this ? Have you tried ejecting the cd without
> it
> > being mounted?
> >
> The cd is umounted.
> i have tried /dev/hdc, /cdrom, cdrom, /cdrom/,
> /dev/cdrom, and all with the same result:
>
> eject: unable to eject, last error: Invalid argument
>
> any other idea?
>
> Thanks.

I had exactly the same problem. This is how I solved
it. I logged in as root, right-clicked on the
/usr/bin/eject, in the properties/permission and
ticked the set uid box.

Regards,
jozsefmak

"The future lies ahead."