find running as nobody? security problem?

working on my box this morning I noticed some drive activity that
didn't seem to be connected to what I was doing.

I did a top and saw find running as user nobody. It carried on for a
few more seconds and then the system was quiet.

My box is a recent sarge, I run apache in standard configuration (ie
it run processes as www-data) for dev purposes, noone should be
connecting from outside for any reason.

In the access logs I saw that root had initiated user "nobody". No
other activity that looked suspect.

Should I be paranoid? or is there some normal explanation for this?