fluxbox's slow startup and neglect of 'startup' file

Hi Debianers'

My configuration is  kdm+fluxbox in utf-8 environment on Sarge.

I have already known that fluxbox's slow start is due to its incompatibility
with utf8 environment. And the easiest solution I can see is to export a
temporary locale to fluxbox when it starts and the restore a the default
locale.

The question is how to do this when I am using kdm to manage graphic login?

Another problem is fluxbox refuses to source .fluxbox/startup file when

----------------
# Programs which need to run constantly, as opposed to a one time execution,
# need "&" at the end of the command.

# Show the Fluxbox splash-screen
#fbsetbg -C /usr/share/fluxbox/splash.jpg

# This sets a background. You must have a program setup to do this
# (x11-terms/eterm is recommended)
bsetbg -f Blueworld.jpg

# Custom fonts directory
#xset +fp PATH_TO_FONT_DIRECTORY

# Starts the icons program
idesk &

# Launches the Torsmo system monitor
torsmo &

scim -d &
# This MUST be the last command!
exec /usr/bin/fluxbox -log ~/.fluxbox/log

Is this startup file correct? Do I need to add #!/bin/bash or something on
top?

regards,

bxuef