Re: for the love of GOD! SATA DVD Burner

On Monday 18 July 2005 10:30, Mike wrote:
<...>
> I read things that imply that Fedora supports SATA ATAPI. Whats wrong
> with it that prevents Debian from doing it but allows Fedora to do it
> with it's stock kernel? I don't know, maybe I'm just confusing myself
> even more.
<...>

I'm not much help here any more, but here's my suggestions for what they're
worth:

1. Plextor hardware lists:
http://www.plextor.com/english/support/support_compatability.html
http://www.plextor.com/english/support/media_712SA.htm
http://www.plextor.com/english/support/PX-716SA motherboard compatability
listing.htm

[Is it just me or does Windoze users look really stupid when they post URL's
with spaces in them? :-(]

2. Try the latest Knoppix CD.

3. If you think Fedora will work, try it or ask on one of their lists.

If you can get your setup to work with another version of Linux, we'll be that
much closer to figuring out what's wrong.

BTW, I still lean heavily to the hardware side of thing. Try a more compatible
SATA controller.

You may also be interested in this:

"Asus Anti-Linux Attitude Sucks"
http://www.mozillaquest.com/Linux04/Asus_Sucks_Story-01.html