Re: umask a specific directory

try:
#umask 022 /dir/name

Meni

On 7/19/05, Mike <stuff@dustsmoke.com> wrote:
Is there a way to umask only a specific directory?

For instance, i have a project folder where 2 people are working on web
stuff. (Both are members of  a specific group like projectgroup).
Everything works fine as far as setting the default group on the files
right. But when a user creates a file it has a global umask of 022. So
nobody else can change the files except the user who made it without me
manually going in there and doing a chomd 664 *. I know I can set the
umask to 002 by default but I only want that in this specific directory.
Everything else should be 022. I just can't seem to google an actual
answer for this one. I get a lot of results where people are asking the
same question but their questions are always left unanswered.

Thanks,
Mike