Re: exim4 update

Steve Å(kru_tch@yahoo.ca) is reported to have said:
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 09:47:36AM +1200 or thereabouts, Chris Bannister wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 03:04:11PM -0400, Steve Å wrote:
> > > However, that brings me to my next problem. The main reason I upgraded to Exim4
> > > was to use the advanced virus scanning and the ability to reject at smtp time
> > > with Spamassassin.
> > [..]

If you do 'not' want to download the _spam_ from your ISP and let
spamassassin handle it, take a look at mailfilter.  Once configured to
your liking, it deletes the spam _at the ISP_ and you don't waste time
downloading so spamassassin can do it's thing.

I've been using it for nearly a year and my downloaded spam has
dropped from >100/day to 5 or less, except for the spam that gets
through debian-users spamassassin setup, that is.

Wayne

--
Real Users find the one combination of bizarre input values that shuts
down the system for days.