Re: intel c/c++ 9.x under debian

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 11:22:20PM +0100, michael wrote:
> anybody partaken the pleasure of installing Intel C/C++ 9.0 (or higher)
> compiler on their Debian box? I've used the make_deb_[7|8] from
> http://www.theochem.uwa.edu.au/fortran/intel_on_debian
> in the past but I do note the Intel install scripts are different for
> version 9.0.

Is it available gratis yet?  I have version 8.1, but when I tried to get
9.0, it pointed me back to 8.1 unless I wanted to buy a license.  I use
it to make sure that my code is portable across different compilers, but
I have heard that it produces code the underperforms on AMD CPUs (which
are what I use).

Roberto C. Sanchez