Re: Web-based calendaring/project mgmt

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 02:51:25PM -0400, Stephen R Laniel wrote:
> A client is looking for a web-based calendaring and
> project-management package. Someone suggested Microsoft
> Project to her. I am ... opposed ... to that idea. I think
> we should be able to do better with open source.
>
> Here's what I would like:
>
> 1) Shared calendar
> 2) Possibly different permissions on different parts of the
>    calendar (some people can see some parts of the calendar,
>    others can see others)
> 3) Some nice timeline generator ("Subpart A of the project
>    runs from June 2 to July 13; subpart B runs from June 30
>    to August 1 ...").
> 4) Web-based billing: consultant signs in through a web form
>    and describes his meeting with a client, including the
>    times he met with the client, what they talked about,
>    whether the client needs followup, etc.
>
> That's a good start. Does any good free software for this
> purpose exist?

apt-cache search "project management" | less
brings up some hits e.g.

apt-cache show tutos2 | less
[..]
 TUTOS is a tool to manage the the organizational needs of small groups,
 teams, departments ...

 To do this it provides some web-based tools as a calendar for users and
 groups, Group and Team management, address manager for people,
 companies  and departments, bug tracking system, product/project
 repository, task management, document management, ...

Although most project management software seems to assume you will use
it for software projects.

--
Chris.
======