Sendmail + SASL + LDAP

Hello,

So I'm here tyring to figure out how to get sendmail to work with SASL
so I can have authenticated access and relaying with my home system. It
seems like it should be really easy since sendmail has been complaining
at me for months now about how I should install saslbin so I can use
it's features.

The hard part is that after installing saslbin and following the
instructions that were given I still don't have an sendmail system that
will allow me to authenticate? Any help would be appreciated.

Also as a caveate to this would be to have the authentication happen to
an LDAP system that is hosted inside my network. Any thoughts?

--
 o)    Derek Wueppelmann               (o
(D .    monkey@monkey.homeip.net        D).