Re: Debian-Installer (testing) doesn't even boot...

On Tue July 19 2005 11:15 am, H.A.J. Koster wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Tried to install testing (Etch) with debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso
> dated 13 July 2005, but after the boot: prompt I get the message
> "Could not find kernel image: /install/2.6/linux". I looked on the CD,
> and there is a directory /install/2.6 with the files vmlinuz (size
> 1170484, fits a 2.6 kernel) and initrd.gz in it. Mind you, /install also
> has a vmlinuz (size 816590, fits a 2.4 kernel) and an initrd.gz. I tried
> boot: install26, boot: linux26 (that works for the Sarge installer); and
> repeated all this with boot: expert and expert26 -- everytime the same
> message.

I installed from the testing netinstall.iso a while back. I used a command
like...

/install/vmlinuz initrd=/install/initrd.gz ramdisk=/dev/ram0
ramdisk_size=12000

I found that in the docs somewhere on the CD (I think it was on the CD), have
never used it before or since and I don't recall exactly the commands I used
so do find it in the docs before trying that command. Look for something
along the lines of using an initrd.