Re: Debian-Installer (testing) doesn't even boot...

Apparently, _H.A.J. Koster_, on 07/19/2005 02:15 PM,typed:
Hi,

Tried to install testing (Etch) with debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso
dated 13 July 2005, but after the boot: prompt I get the message
"Could not find kernel image: /install/2.6/linux". I looked on the CD,

Same thing happened with me too. Solution was to boot using install24 mode of installation. We did that assuming we will upgrade later on after we have a minimal system ready. But to our pleasant surprise, during the install process there was an option to choose either 2.4 or 2.6 kernel. So it all worked out fine as we ended up with 2.6 kernel anyway :)

->HS

--
(Remove all underscores,if any, from my email address to get the correct one. Apologies for the inconvenience but this is to reduce spam.)