Re: On using Mozilla instead of Firefox (was: Re: Disappearing text in Mozilla)

First of all, I apologize for calling Mozilla 'old Mozilla', it is
just that many people refer to Firefox as just Mozilla and I didn't
want to cause confusion.

The Debian version of Firefox is modified slightly. But that can't be
the reason for such a dramatic difference in speed (yes, I do agree
with you). As a matter of fact, I think the main reason is actually
hardware. Windows is a very bloated piece of software (if it can even
be called that), and therefore, most computers with it installed are
reasonably fast. Debian, on the other hand, (and most other
Unixes/Linuxes for that matter) can run on much slower machines. For
example, I have a friend that has 3 computers in his room, Windows ME,
Windows XP, and Debian. Windows XP is a state of the art computer
suitable for gaming, the Windows XP is usable if not fast, but the
Debian is slow. This is not because he does not like Debian (he does)
but because Debian can easily run on slow machines. Therefore, when
someone installs a pretty big piece of software (Firefox), it runs
pretty slowly.

In any case, I apoligize for sounding so inconsiderate of a high
quality piece of software that now has a successor

Leonid Grinberg