Re: SWAT and Samba issue.

Bill Day wrote:

>I have samba up and running serving some win clients etc and as a print
>server.  however I cannot seem to access the SWAT web interface for samba but
>can access samba via webmin(which I don't care to use).  Am I missing
>something or any ideas where I should look first?
>
>TIA

Uncommenting the line

#<off># swat  stream  tcp   nowait.400  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd
/usr/sbin/swat

in your /etc/inetd.conf ( if it exixts ). If not then add line :

swat  tcp  nowait.400  root  /usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/sbin/swat

then restart inetd ( /etc/init.d/inetd restart )

--w.h--

Send instant messages to your online friends http://asia.messenger.yahoo.com