Re: On using Mozilla instead of Firefox

Rogério Brito on 18/07/05 23:13, wrote:
I do not have this problem. In any case, I suggest you use Firefox as
opposed to the old mozilla.

Well, calling it "old mozilla" is ignoring some facts, in my humble
opinion.

On the mozillazine forums, the Mozilla 'suite' is now known as 'SeaMonkey'. I don't know when this started, but I suspect it denotes a new lease of life for the software.

As I perceive both in mailing lists and in sites like Slashdot, it seems
that people in the US or Europe are much more frequently upgrading their
computers than people in other parts of the world can (which is my case).
The fastest computer that I had access to recently had a Duron 600MHz and
now I just got a "new" (used) processor that is a Duron 1100MHz. Quite an
upgrade, but still not as much as people changing the whole system at a
time.

We're not all like this in the North America and Europe - some people don't have the money to go out and buy hardware upgrades every year. At least I don't. I find it slightly frustrating when people assume I do!

Adam