Re: kdm and kayboard

On Monday 18 July 2005 18:35, Enrique Morfin wrote:

 > When the box boots and kdm starts, the keyboard is
 > useless, i have to click on menu, then console login.
 > I login as root, then /etc/init.d/kdm restart and
 > everything is ok.
 >
 > There is no diff in XFree86.0.log (before and after
 > kdm restart) neither in kdm.log
 >
 > It began to hapen in my tibook after an upgrade, so i
 > think it was upgrade fault, but today it began the
 > same problem in an amd box, with no upgrade (yesterday
 > was working flawlessly). Any ideas?

An idea would be, that your Xmodmaps are messed up. I have a similar problem
on this machine, where xdm hasn't loaded my Xmodmap (which is first done in
my xinitrc. Therefore, my keyboard behaves as QWERTY in xdm, and ``Norsk
Dvorak'' when I login.

It's only an idea. Perhaps your /var/log/X*.log can tell you more.

Regards, Anders Breindahl.