Re: ModeLine for high frequencie monitor

Paolo Pantaleo wrote:

I have a nice 15'' Sony monitor that can do about 110Hz of horizontal
refresh at 800x600. The VESA standard (the ones that X server uses for
default) supports only 85Hz.
In Yoper (and maybe in SUSE too) there is a nice tool called SAX that
can add ModeLine entries in XF86Config for a certain monitor.

1) Is there an equivalent in Debian, that can add for me ModeLine
entries? (is there any other solution?)

2) Starting from technical data of monitor is there a way to write my
own ModeLine entries?

Thnx
PAolo

hi