Trying to do network install of sarge

I have a Toshiba Portege 3015ct that I've een running a very old install
of woody on and have been trying to upgrade to sarge. I have to do this
by booting from floppies as there is no CDROM. I've made the four
floppies from the current release (and the march one also), when I boot
the boot disk, goes OK, load the rook diskette and still OK, feed in the
net-drivers disk, press enter and it says it is detecting the network
and 2% of the way into loading yenta-socket everything hangs. My NIC is
a 3com 574-tx pcmcia card. Since I've tried this with three different
releases of sarge I'm suspecting there is somthing wrong with this
driver disk.

Can anyone help me out.

Dick Steflik
Dept of Computer Science