Re: A Unified KDE-Gnome Desktop -- A How-To for Newbies

On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 06:43 -0700, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 07:02:03AM -0500, Benjamin Sher wrote:
> > As an experienced newbie but still a newbie, I thought this might interest a
> > new member of Debian who would like to harmonize his desktop, especially his
> > KDE desktop by making the Gnome applications look more like those in KDE.
>
> Which of course begs the question of whyinhell would you ever want Gnome
> applications to look like the theming disaster that is your average KDE
> "look"?
>
> It's plain that Gnome "doesn't get it", but at least their applications
> don't look like they were designed by a 5-year-old with a box of crayons.

You're right.  KDE 2.x looked really nice.  Their graphic designers
should have stopped there.

While GNOME doesn't look Fisher-Price yet, it's to the point of
*being* Fisher-Price.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"To err is human--and to blame it on a computer is even more so."
Robert Orben