Re: does Gmail has the function "Reply to list"?

Michael Marsh wrote:
On 7/15/05, Laurent Giroud <nekononiaow@gmail.com> wrote:

I have checked with other lists I am subscribed to : they all use a
Reply-To field containing the list address.
Debian-user apparentely does not proceed so, which causes gmail to
reply to the address mentionned in the From field.

I don't know which way is the "official right one to follow" though...

The Debian lists have all of the appropriate list-specific headers,
it's just a matter of gmail not parsing them.

No, look at the header.  The Reply-To only lists the sender.
Gmail is not doing anything wrong. You just have to reply-all and delete the sender. The list is set up this way so that it does not get into a feedback loop with auto repliers.

I've sent google a
comment about this, among other things, and heard nothing in response.
I certainly encourage others to ask google to respect list headers. There's some threshold number of requests that gets them to implement
a feature, or at least look at implementing it, and I'm not sure
exactly where that threshold is.  Of course, this is more a question
of them screwing something up, not implementing an optional feature,
so I'd hoped that they'd fix it sooner rather than later.  I'd had the
same hope regarding the way they send plain-text email, which they
really only screwed up recently, and that hasn't seemed to change, as
evidenced by the continuing absence of the standard Debian footer on
messages sent from gmail accounts.

--
Michael Z Daryabeygi