Re: failing to upgrade udev

Lorenzo Taylor wrote:

kamaraju kusumanchi's comments on Re: failing to upgrade udev were as follows:

# In such a case, you should use stable distribution. Unstable is not for # everyone. It is useless to complain about instability of unstable. # Unstable is meant just to be that.

But later in my message I referred to the same type of instability in stable.
Stable includes a package called udf-tools, which requires a kernel patch that
is not available at all in Debian until kernel 2.6.10.  But stable only ships
with 2.6.8.  This is an instability in stable.  Therefore, this type of
instability is not only limited to unstable and testing.

Lorenzo
Oops! sorry. Somehow I missed the fact you were referring to sarge when talking about udf-tools.

raju