Re: Can you launch URL from email application? -- Correction

On Friday 15 July 2005 08:37 am, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 07:13:40 -0500
>
> Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:
> > Benjamin Sher wrote:
> > >Konqueror spins and shakes (literally shakes) in the taskbar and
> > >never launches
> >
> > Sounds like Konqueror is trying to start up, but can't for some
> > reason. Can you start Konqueror manually?
>
> I have had a similar experience with NewsTicker not starting a browser.
>
> My /etc/alternatives showed firefox, not mozilla-firefox as browser of
> choice.
>
> Opening /usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop in an editor and saving
> it as "/usr/share/applications/mozilla-firefox.desktop" seems to have
> corrected that problem.
>
> Maybe a like change would work for the OP.
>
> Cybe R. Wizard
> --
> Q: What's the difference between MicroSoft Windows and a virus?
> A: Apart from the fact that viruses are supported by their authors,
> use optimized, small code and usually perform well, none.
> 		Winduhs

Dear Kent:

A good suggestion, a good guess but not quite right in my case. I checked and
here is what it shows:

djview.desktop                        mahjongg.desktop
eog.desktop                           mimeinfo.cache
epiphany.desktop                      Mozilla.desktop
evolution-2.0.desktop                 Mozilla-editor.desktop
file-roller.desktop                   mozilla-firefox.desktop
freecell.desktop                      mozilla-thunderbird.desktop
galeon.desktop                        mozilla-thunderbird-pm.desktop
gataxx.desktop                        mplayer.desktop
gcalctool.desktop                     nautilus-computer.desktop
gconf-editor.desktop                  nautilus.desktop

So that's not the issue.

Thank you. Will let the list know when I find the solution. Have been in touch
with kmail-devel and I think they'll resolve it.

Benjamin