Re: Can you launch URL from email application? -- Correction

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 07:13:40 -0500
Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:

> Benjamin Sher wrote:
>
> >Konqueror spins and shakes (literally shakes) in the taskbar and
> >never launches
> >

> Sounds like Konqueror is trying to start up, but can't for some
> reason. Can you start Konqueror manually?

I have had a similar experience with NewsTicker not starting a browser.

My /etc/alternatives showed firefox, not mozilla-firefox as browser of
choice.

Opening /usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop in an editor and saving
it as "/usr/share/applications/mozilla-firefox.desktop" seems to have
corrected that problem.

Maybe a like change would work for the OP.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Q: What's the difference between MicroSoft Windows and a virus?
A: Apart from the fact that viruses are supported by their authors,