Re: failing to upgrade udev

Apparently, _Rogério Brito_, on 07/15/2005 12:18 PM,typed:
On Jul 15 2005, Jon Roed wrote:

Preparing to replace udev 0.056-3 (using .../archives/udev_0.062-4_i386.deb) ...

The important part is this:

udev requires a kernel >= 2.6.12, upgrade aborted.

Upgrade your kernel and everything else should work fine.

The problem is, a Debian kernel package for 2.6.12 does not exit (or I am greatly mistaken). I downloaded vanilla 2.6.12 and tried compiling it. Got some problems with nv and nvidia drivers so have left it at that for now. So currently, running 2.6.11, lost udev, and after a little deliberation, starting a new clean install (incedently, the 13 July installation CD complains 2.6 kernel does not exist after booting :( , so using install24 instead, but this is beside the topic).

->HS

--
(Remove all underscores,if any, from my email address to get the correct one. Apologies for the inconvenience but this is to reduce spam.)