KDE or gnome: How to keep screen saver on - ie No shutdown of screen to black

Hi,
I use kde desktop and notice that my screen saver works for a while and then I
get a dark screen. Where is the "power" setting that is doing this.

I would like to waste cpu cycles running opengl screensaver instead of getting
black screen.

I know how to do this on windows.

At present on the configure-desktop -> display-settings -> power control
"Power control"  is "grayed out" ie not turned on.

Shouldn't "greyed out" mean
"No Power Control"
ie leave it in its current state -
ie