Re: Postfix is denying sending mail to a handful of users

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005, Jan Albrecht wrote:

Hi all,

I've got a strange problem here:
I connect via IMAP to my mailserver (which is also my rootserver). On
this server Postfix is delivering the mail.

If I send the mail to 5 users it works perfectly.
If I send the mail to 20 users (BCC), postfix does this with the mail
adresses:

Jul 10 18:58:32 xxx postfix/smtpd[450]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
xxx.t-ipconnect.de[xxx]: 554 <xxx>: Relay access denied; from=<xxx>
to=<xxx> proto=ESMTP helo=<xxx>

Does this occur even for the addresses that worked in your smaller test
of 5 addresses?

Also, is this your mail server which is rejecting the messages, or is it
reporting the rejection from this other mail server? If the latter, are
you using a relayhost?

First thing is to find which server (or servers) is actually rejecting
the messages. Then we can try to figure out why.

I've already raised the limit:

~# postconf -d | grep smtpd_recipient_limit
smtpd_recipient_limit = 1000

You did reload the postfix config, right? Anyway, I don't think this is
the cause, based on the log message above.

- Aaron

--
Aaron Hall           :               Bugs>  Rabbit season!
ahall@vitaphone.net  :               Daffy> Duck season!