Re: xorg in sid

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005, Ibrahim Mubarak wrote:

with all three of them at the same time (apt, aptitude, and synaptic).
That's what I am doing now. I started off with apt-get, then I got to
know aptitude, which adds a few nice tricks, and finally went with
synaptic because I tried it and like it. I sometimes switch between the
three depending on what I want to do and how I want to do it. Never had
my box break !

Switching between apt-get and aptitude makes it easier to get yourself
into trouble if you don't really understand what the programs are doing
and what their (subtle) differences are.

That said, I use aptitude day-to-day and have had few problems. It seems
a bit pickier in its dependency resolution than apt-get, though. A
couple times when I've run into dependency issues under unstable,
aptitude wouldn't reinstall a certain package, but apt-get would.

PS: I am intrigued as well : just got apt-listbugs, and can't wait till
I try it.

Good stuff, apt-listbugs is. It and apt-listchanges should be on any
unstable or testing system.

- Aaron

--
Aaron Hall           :       Mac OS X: Macintosh on top, Unix underneath.
ahall@vitaphone.net  :               The perfect software love-in.