Re: Xorg and switching VT

Bill Thompson wrote:

Thanks to everybody for the feedback. Today's update of xserver-xorg,
xlibs, etc, to version 6.8.2.dfsg.1-2 seems to have fixed the issue.
I had those installed as soon as they were available. I discovered the problem after seeing it mentioned here after I installed the latest versions. I only have the problem on one of three machines that now have xorg running fine otherwise.

For those who are trying to fix this as well, I did run "dpkg-reconfgure xserver-xorg" after the update was complete.
dpkg-reconfigure has not helped so far. It did cause another problem temporarily by setting my mouse to Intellimouse and not giving me a choice to put it back to ImPS/2.
Paul Scott

Thanks again,