Re: Xorg and switching VT

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 15:10 -0700, Bill Thompson wrote:
> Unstable IS Unstable ;)
>
> I just switched to the xserver-xorg package in Sid today. Everything came
> up all right except I can no longer use ctl-alt F1 to switch to a virtual
> terminal while X11 is active. Before I file a bug report, is anyone else
> having this problem?

yes, excerpt from lspci:

VGA compatible controller: Intel Corp. 82830 CGC [Chipset Graphics
Controller]
Subsystem: Gateway 2000: Unknown device 5350

Display controller: Intel Corp. 82830 CGC [Chipset Graphics Controller]
Subsystem: Gateway 2000: Unknown device 5350

excerpt from /etc/X11/XF86Config-4:

Section "Device"
	Driver "i810"

i noticed a package called 'xresprobe' that was installed with the xorg
packages. when i ran the command manually it had similar results as when
i tried to switch to a virtual console, except it destroyed my X session
as well. (my VC's were already unavailable.)

i have installed xorg packages on one other machine (nvidia chipset for
the video card) and it is able to switch to the VC's.

so, yes, you should file a bug report.

-matt zagrabelny