Re: chroot: permission denied

Bill Marcum skrev:

On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 11:25:37PM +0200, David Sveningsson wrote:
"ls -l" won't list chroot, but "find / | grep chroot" finds it in /sbin/ But "ls -l" won't show it there either. I am root so there shouldn't be any problem with that. Has the ownership been modified so I can't access it anymore? The same applies to files like /etc/fstab and /etc/mtab but not files in my home directory.

What are the permissions of the /sbin and /etc directories?
ls -l /
or ls -ld /sbin

drwxr-xr-x   root:root
Tried to take ownership of the files again by using chown but it keeps saying permission denied. Maybe disk failure could be the problem?