Re: Kernel configuration could not be read?

Kent West wrote:
Benjamin Sher wrote:

Dear friends:

In the KDE Control Center, under System Admin, Linux Kernel, I read the
following on the main screen to the right:

---------------------------------------

The kernel configuration could not be read....

No hardware architecture was specified...

Either your kernel sources contain invalid configuration rules or you just
found a bug in the KDE Kernel Configurator.

What does this mean, please? Anything to worry about?

That just means that you don't have the source for your kernel installed. Instead, you have a pre-built binary. If you had compiled your own, you would by necessity have the source.  Apparently this KDE Control Center thingy is just looking for the source, to read some information and present it to you in a nice format. Not finding the source, it instead generates this error.

No, it's nothing to worry about.

Dear Kent:

Thanks so very much. A real load off my mind.

Benjamin