Re: lspci -- all devices recognized

Benjamin Sher:

> My thanks to everyone. lspci detected all of my devices correctly,
> including my Nvidia video card and my SoundBlaster 5.1 sound
> card. Thanks so much.

Note that the output of lspci does not give you any information on
whether the device is actually working or supported at all. All it does
is get the PCI-IDs from the BIOS (or kernel?) and then looks up the name
for the device.

lspci is still useful as it gives you something to google for in case
some device doesn't work, though.

J.
--
I want to look younger than my friends so I will fight ageing as long as
I can.