resolv gets wacked after reboots

On one Debian server (and only on one of several that we have - all being sarge) after every reboot, the resolv.conf file is empty.

The only thing different about this computer compared to the rest is that the /etc/resolv.conf is a link to /etc/resolvconf/run/ resolv.conf and I don't know why.
The IP on all servers is static (set in /etc/network/interfaces).
I have at times manually edited /etc/resolv.conf to have the set nameservers I want it to have (removing the link). But when I reboot, it is clear again. Same applies for manually editing /etc/resolvconf/ run/resolv.conf. Although I manually edit it, after rebooting it is clear.

What is going on?

Thanks.

Curtis