Re: Multiple MySQL Instances (running as slaves for multiple masters)

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 02:09:04PM +1200, Simon wrote:
> Would someone be able to give me an example of running two or more
> instances of mysql nicly on debian?

I've never done it so I can't give examples but it should be as easy
as making two different my.cnf files and a new sysv init script and
making each instance use the different cnf files.

Bear in mind that all instances will read /etc/mysql/my.cnf so you
will want to put only directives that apply to both there.