SOLVED Re: [Fwd: alsa_problem under kernel 2.6.8-2-686/etch]

Thomas Hood wrote:

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:00:49 +0200, steef wrote:
alsa which i use since a long time from the 2.4 kernels up till now has become somewhat unbecoming and volatile under my testing-os etch kernel 2.6.8-2.686 (included, of course the soundcartdriver for my oldie es1370).

any time i start up the computer i must alsaconf etc. anew. this is getting somewhat boring.

a couple of weeks ago i read somwhere that i should put smething somewhere in /etc/.../... to prevent this phenomenon happening again.

unfortunately i forgot <what> i have to put exactly <where> in /etc/.... to get rid of this.

Put 'snd-ens1370' in /etc/modules, perhaps?

good morning thomas (local time/groningen),

i solved it myself early this morning when i remembered i did something like that before in the good old days. anyway: thank you: your advice offers the perfect solution for this small problem.

respectfully,

steef
groningen

groet'n uut groennen