Re: stable mod_python apache not working

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 04:57:25PM -0500, Indraneel Majumdar wrote:
> I am unable to get the example from the mod_python tutorial working with
> apache, on debian stable. No error in the server logs. Apache just shows
> me the script contents when I point the browser at it.

To have Python code be handled by mod_python, make sure you have one of
the following directives in the respective section of your apache config:

  AddHandler python-program .py

  (to have files with extension .py be handled by mod_python)

or
  SetHandler python-program

  (applies to all files in the scope of the directive)

Unfortunately, this isn't clearly mentioned in the mod_python docs (at
least not in "2.3.2 Configuring Apache", where you would look first...).

Normally you also want some mod_python-specific directives, such as

  PythonHandler mod_python.publisher

...depending on what exactly you want to do, of course.

See the docs for what directives are available and what they do.
http://www.modpython.org/live/mod_python-2.7.8/doc-html/

Cheers,
Almut