Re: System needs repair after fsck

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 23:06:59 -0400, Marty wrote:

>> As long as debconf fails and cannot be reinstalled, I'm afraid, there
>> won't be any solution (had started another thread, but now I think it is
>> the same problem).
>
> There is always a solution if you have a running system.

This is what I *expect*

>> Is there really no solution but re-install ??
>
> That's never a solution.

This is what I have been preaching over the years; but this time I don't
see any on my own. This is why I am asking for help.
It seems as of now and for me, that debconf is the problem. Once it is
screwed, there seems to be no way out; you can't install / upgrade
anything without; you can't reinstall it; a circular problem ?

Uwe