Re: firefox and java

I got it fixed, thanks for the reply anyway. For some reason, linking it to the java plugin in /usr/java doesn't work. What I did was to decompress the .bin file that i downloaded from sun and link the file from there. Its working now, but its strange, because i used the same .bin file to generate the .deb and install jre on the system.
Weird...

Leo

On 7/10/05, Hal Vaughan <hal@thresholddigital.com> wrote:
On Saturday 09 July 2005 09:28 pm, Leonardo Sá wrote:
> The console speaks for itself:
>
> $ firefox www.java.com <http://www.java.com >
> java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object
> Could not read ack from child process
> Plugin: Java VM process has died.
> Could not start JavaVM!
>
> I have jre1.5 installed and everything else that uses java seems to work. I
> use limewire often (which uses java) and its working just fine. All the
> symlinks to the java .so file seem to be in the right places
> (~/.mozilla/plugins and /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins). What's wrong?
>
> Best Regards,
> Leo

Did you make the link as root?  What are the permissions on the link and what
filename did you use for the link?

Hal

Novo e-mail: leo@leo-sa.com
(favor não utilizar o antigo leo_sa@hotmail.com. Obrigado!)