Scrollmouse with Fluxbox on a laptop

ok so here is my problem, i have debian sarge installed on my laptop
and i am useing fluxbox with kernel-image-2.6.11-1-686, i used to use
xfce4 with it but it took too much of my sys resources on the laptop,
but what i need to do is make the wheelmouse opperate properly,
rightnow i do not have the wheel, it is just a button, to opperate the
wheel feature i have 2 buttons(one for up and one for down)
unfortunatly they are not opperating at the moment, does anyone know
how i can get them to opperate with fluxbox, if it is possable.