Re: Gnome 2.10 on Testing

Mark Crean wrote:

Hi

I recently installed Debian testing. However, I wonder if there is a way
to upgrade from Gnome 2.8 to Gnome 2.10 without have to dist-upgrade the
whole shebang to unstable? I am fairly new to Debian and stability does
matter to a degree - for example, I have spent ages setting up
exim4/cyrus/exiscan and Lamp, etc. on my machine and want them to
continue to work!

TIA

:)Fish

How about

apt-get install gnome-desktop-environment

It will update only the gnome packages and other packages remain as they are. Running a mixed system (testing + unstable) is considered an "expert's only" task. Try to stick with just one distribution (be it stable or testing or unstable).

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Graduate Student, MAE