Re: CNN Videos - No Sound

On Sun, 2005-07-10 at 11:49 -0400, Kenneth Jacker wrote:
> [sarge, SB Live!]
>
> I can hear sound from CDs, radio and TV, but not when viewing CNN
> videos via 'firefox'.  I've messed with various "mixer" setting, but
> still can't hear anything (BTW, which mixer channel should it be?)
>
> My hunch is I don't have a proper device in /dev.

I think this is unlikely. If your audio device did not exist, you would
have problems playing any sound - it would not just be relegated to
movie audio.

> Anyone know what I need to do?

Perhaps, if you provide a leeetle more info. What program are you using
to view these videos (totem, mplayer, etc)? What format are they in? Are
you using GNOME, KDE, something else (esd, arts, plain alsa, etc)?

-davidc

--
gpg-key: http://www.zettazebra.com/files/key.gpg