Re: [Bulk] Re: Sound and Video Problems still with my T3985 Desktop PC

On Sunday 10 July 2005 09:12, Xeno Campanoli wrote:
> Xeno Campanoli wrote:
> >Okay, it has been over a week since I had time to
> > work on this.  Please accept my apologies, but I've
> > been busy.  The previous title was:
>
> I was UNsuccessful at making the sound work by
> commenting out the "above.*oss" lines from my
> modules.conf file.  I get no difference in behavior.
> I also checked, and in the discover.d file, the
> alsa-base file has the "skip i810_audio" line, so I
> think it must be something else.  I am being called
> away, but I should be able to give this more solid
> time tomorrow, especially evening, if anybody has any
> ideas. xc

<SNIP>

I DON'T recommend commenting these out, you will lose
OSS support (OSS is the preceding standard for Linux
sound to ALSA) which will mean even if you get your
sound working some (older) apps won't be able to use
it. Better to leave OSS support on unless your machine
is very cramped for memory and you are worried about
the space the drivers take up.

Mark