Re: Atheros support in Ubuntu, but not Debian?

IIRC the drivers require non-free stuff, or there was some
other reason they weren't accepted into the mainstream
kernel.

See recent Linux Journal for a card that's supportable by
Linux w/o proprietary drivers or go with a distrib (e.g.
Ubuntu or Xandros or Knoppix) that doesn't mind distributing
non-free modules.

It should not surprise you that corporate distrutions might
have drivers included that DFSG-free distribs would not.

According to Jim Crossley,