Re: grub splash image

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 01:02:42 -0600, you wrote:

> hello, i have a small problem, i am trying to add a splash image to my
> bootup, grub and the initial loading before xserver starts, everything
> i have read that refers to this sort of thing mentions a file called
> "grub.conf" but it appears that file is not on my system, the closest
> thing i can find that might be it would be "menu.lst" and i have tried
> adding in the line "splashimage=(hd0,0)/boot/grub/myfile.xpm.gz" but
> that seemed to have no effect whats so ever, is there something i am
> doing wrong? i have grub installed on the mbr, please help with this
> problem of mine.

image size  :  640x480 color index of 14 (or maybe 16 will work)
image format:  xpm

The splashimage name MUST be the same as the actual image.
gzip naked_lady.xpm results in naked_lady.xpm.gz

If you want, email me and I'll send some of the grub splashimages I've
used in the past..

Oh..  btw... don't forget to adjust your bg and fg colors in menu.lst so
they work with the image..

Here's the Grub online manual..
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/