Re: sarge or etch?

On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 12:36:34AM +0100, Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (08/07/05 17:16), Carl Fink wrote:

> > Really?  I used the daily netinst build from etch on my new PC last week and
> > it worked perfectly, aside from not detecting my video chipset.
>
> OK, I confess to not having looked it.
>
> You, Carl, are an experienced Debian user; would you really suggest a
> newcomer to debian, install from etch?

Well, it's a daily build and I have no idea how it works today, as opposed
to my using it on 5 July.  The 5 July build was in every way I could detect
identical to the Sarge installer, except that

a)ntfsresize is on the CD, although you have to run it manually, and
b)it installs etch.
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum