Re: sarge or etch?

On (08/07/05 08:06), Enrique Morfin wrote:
> I want to install etch, but there are no cd avaiable.
> Where are they?
>
> in cdimage.debian.org only are images to 3.1_r0a.
>
> how can i get an etch installer cd?

The etch installer, if it is available, is unlikely to work as well as
the sarge installer.  The prescribed approach is to use the sarge
installer (preferably netinst.iso if you have a fast connection) and
after a minimum install, edit your /etc/apt/sources.list substituting
references to 'stable/sarge' with 'testing/etch'.

Then run as root:

# aptitude update

# aptitude dist-upgrade

# aptitude upgrade (this may be superfluous)

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...