Re: Cannot burn audio tracks with cdrecord

Dear Chris (and all),

Chris Lale wrote:
Chris Lale wrote:

I have this problem in both Stable (Sarge) and Unstable with kernel 2.6.8-2-386. I have two .wav files (recorded with sound-recorder). I can burn a CD with cdrecord using either one of the files, and the result is a playable audio CD.

If I burn a disc using both files, the CD will not play on a software audio player or on audio hi-fi equipment. The commands I have tried are

cdrecord -eject -v -tao speed=16 -audio -pad dev=ATA:1,0,0 *.wav
cdrecord -eject -v -dao speed=16 -audio -pad dev=ATA:1,0,0 *.wav
cdrecord -eject -v -dao speed=16 -audio -pad dev=/dev/hdc *.wav.

The same problem occurs using XCDRoast and k3b (which both use cdrecord).
(snip)

Thanks to Rodney for the previous suggestions.

Having tried those unsucessfully, I thought that the problem might lie with the Debianised version of cdrecord. I compiled the latest Jörg Schilling version (http://cdrecord.berlios.de/old/private/cdrecord.html) and had exactly the same problem. If it is a bug, it is also in the original version so I might try there for enlightenment. The only other thing I can think of is that it might be a hardware issue.

I would still like to know whether anyone has been able to burn a multi-track audio CD in Debian recently.

Okay, I burned a few CDs yesterday using k3b and just burned another one today using your first command:

>> cdrecord -eject -v -tao speed=16 -audio -pad dev=ATA:1,0,0 *.wav

Both worked fine and I can play the CDs in regular stereos.

In fact I was having problems recording CDs, but I found out it was the CD burner that went bad... (Just bought a DVD burner for US$50.00.) :-O Maybe you also have hardware problems... (I did have different symptoms though.) Maybe try to use Knoppix and see if you can burn a CD using it (you might need two drives) or try "that other (evil) OS".

Best,

Luis